The following events occurred in the year 2005 (MMV).
- Gloria's daughter
- Jen Barber joins Reynholm Industries and is made Head of the IT Department.
- Denholm Reynholm fires all workers on Floor 4 of Reynholm Industries.
- Maurice Moss and Roy attend a stress class run by Dr. Julian Holmes.
- Reynholm Industries attempts an unsuccessful merging with Japanese business giant the Yamamoto Corporation.
- Daniel Carey appears on the British TV gameshow Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and wins £1,000 pounds after answering a question incorrectly, despite using his '50/50' and 'Phone a Friend' lifelines.
- Richmond Avenal is brought out of the isolation of his abandoned store room at the back of the IT Department and is very briefly made second-in-command of Reynholm Industries.
- Bill Crouse is wrongly told that Jen Barber has died and a funeral is held, only for her to appear at the funeral thinking that she has won Employee of the Month.
- The funeral of Small Paul is held.
- Jen Barber goes through her fertile period and the symptoms briefly pass on to her male co-workers.
- Project Icarus takes place.
Real world eventsEdit
- Series One of The IT Crowd takes place in late 2005.